Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf coming in 2014
We just got a nice message from developer Herocraft about an upcoming collectible card game for iOS, Android and PC coming in 2014. Consider us excite! Here’s the press release.
Warhammer® 40,000®: Space Wolf
TURN BASED COLLECTIBLE CARD VIDEO GAME Announced
August 16th 2013, Kaliningrad, Russia – HeroCraft are pleased to announce a licence partnership with Games Workshop®. Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf will be a new turn-based tactical combat video game, using collectible cards to drive the on-screen actions of the 3D characters. Set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, the free to play game is in full development for a 2014 release on iOS, Android and PC.
“HeroCraft have presented us with a unique and exciting vision for a game based on this most evocative and barbaric chapter of Space Marines – the Space Wolves.” said Jon Gillard, Head of Licensing at Games Workshop. “Given that, their clear passion for the IP, and their experience in the market, we are only too happy to be working with them on this project.”
“We are all very excited to work with Games Workshop on this project, particularly our development team, who are not only games industry veterans but also Warhammer 40,000 fans who know the series well. As a gamer myself, I’m also excited about the mix of tactical turn based play using my own deck of cards to lead my Space Wolves to victory – I can’t wait to play it!” says Alexey Sazonov, Sales and Marketing Director of HeroCraft.
Tactical Combat and CCG fusion:
- Lead your Space Wolves into fierce battles in glorious, interactive 3D environments.
- Play your cards and watch the real time action unfold on screen.
Collect Hundreds of Cards:
- Get started fast with easy to use pre-defined deck-building templates.
- Build your own decks to fit your unique strategy and tactics.
- Victory unlocks exciting new powerful weapons, bonuses and tactics cards.
- Evolve your cards at the Iron Priest’s Forge to further build your own killer deck!
Defeat the implacable enemies of the Space Wolves:
- An epic campaign with branching storylines, spanning hostile environments on a far distant planet.
- Combat the Word Bearers – fanatical and deadly traitors who serve the chaos gods.
- Defeat the implacable Necrons – waking from aeons of slumber to claim the galaxy.
Choose Your Path:
- Grey Hunter, Wolf Scout, Blood Claw, or Wolf Guard – You decide which path to follow, to best match your own style, strategies and tactics.
HeroCraft is an established developer and publisher of games for mobile platforms, social networks and personal computers. Today the HeroCraft portfolio comprises over 150 games from an array of genres. With its focus on strategy games HeroCraft successfully worked on licensed IP title Majesty Mobile. Headquartered in Kaliningrad, Russia, HeroCraft was founded in 2002 and employs over 100 staff in offices across Europe.
About Games Workshop
Games Workshop® Group PLC (LSE:GAW.L) is based in Nottingham, UK. Games Workshop designs, manufactures, retails, and distributes its range of Warhammer® and Warhammer® 40,000® games, miniature soldiers, novels and model kits through more than 400 of its own Hobby centres, the Internet and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. Further details on the company can be obtained at www.games-workshop.com
Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf © Games Workshop Limited 2013. Games Workshop, GW, Warhammer 40,000, Space Wolf, Space Wolves, GW, the Games Workshop logo, the Double headed/Imperial Eagle device, Warhammer, 40K, Warhammer 40,000 and the Warhammer 40,000 device the foregoing marks’ respective logos and all associated marks, logos, names, places, characters, creatures, races and race insignia, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 game setting are either ® and/or TM and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2013, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.