The best Freeware, Abandonware and other free games from across the internet!

The best Freeware, Abandonware and other free games from across the internet!

Welcome to the wonderful world of weekly Freeware, Abandonware and other free games from across the internet!

Hey everyone, Shaun Meyers (Kyo Akiara) here again with my newest (and weekly) article showcasing the many many great games in the Freeware, Abandonware and other free games from across the net. I will choose a few games from each category, play test them myself, and write a short summary on my experience and a small review of the games. The first category I’ll be reviewing today is Freeware. I will also post links to the websites where you can find them throughout the article as well. I’ll try to cover a game from each genre in this article as well to give each type of gamer something to play.

Freeware Games
Here’s a brief description about what freeware means for those of you who don’t know to start this category: Freeware is a term coined in 1986 by the Free Software Foundation to label any Free Software released. Freeware is distinct from another form of software known as Shareware, in the fact that Freeware doesn’t require you to pay after a short free trial. There are some cases where Shareware uses Freeware as a means of offering a dumbed down version, where you can pay to upgrade to the full version. I’m sure most of you know this information but figured I should put the info out there just in case.

1. The very first game I will be looking at is a game called Spelunky! It’s a 2d platformer Cave Exploration/ Treasure Hunting game much like old NES games. IT was created by Derek Yu Aka Mossmouth and Nominated for 3 awards at the Independent Games Festival this year. The game offers many challenges and a great adventure overall. It has many different enemies to fight, lots of treasure to find and a random dungeon generator that makes each death a new journey, and therefore that much more fun to play. Currently released for windows platforms and arriving on XBLA soon, this is one game I definitely recommend to those that enjoy old school games like myself. You can find the game here: http://www.spelunkyworld.com/index.html

2. The second game I checked out is a very amusing and fun stealth based platformer called Stealth Bastard: Tactical Espionage Arsehole. Created by Curve Studios makers of the game Explodemon, Stealth Bastard is an incredibly fun and rather addicting platformer that loves to kill your character in a number of gruesome ways, ranging from laser shooting robots to meat grinders. The objective of the game is to complete the various death filled puzzles in the shortest amount of time. The games main puzzles are very well done and can take a little bit of thinking to get past, but another awesome feature to the game is it comes with it’s own built in level designer to create your own death filled stealthy traps to share with your friends or with people around the world. Full online ranking boards are within the game as well to compete with your friends for the fastest time. The game is incredibly well done and I heartily recommend the game. You can find the game here: http://www.stealthbastard.com/

3. The third game is a face I’m sure everyone knows, Super Mario 3: Mario Forever. Created by Buziol Games using Multimedia Fusion, the game is a complete remake of Super Mario Brothers, and combines elements of Super Mario 1, 2, 3 and world, and done in an incredibly well done manner. Featuring higher resolution textures, a completely redone story and level map similar to the one in Super Mario 3 just higher resolution and slightly different, the game is definitely the best Super Mario Brothers remake on PC and I highly recommend the game to anyone. You can download this great game here: http://www.acid-play.com/download/super-mario-3-mario-forever

4. The 4th and final freeware game I will be covering today is a game simply called ^_^. The game is an incredibly well written and quite amusing point and click adventure game. You play as Julian, a recently deceased person who is turned into a werebunny. Displeased with this form he sets out on a rather humorous journey to become human again. The games puzzles are quite challenging and require a lot of thinking to complete them, but it’s a great feeling once you have finished them. The music is very well done and fits the game almost perfectly. I definitely recommend this game to anyone that enjoys a humorous, witty and well written point and click adventure game. You can find this game here: http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php?action=detail&id=1524

Abandonware Games
The next group of games will be Abandonware Games. A brief definition of Abandonware: originally coined by Peter Ringering in late 1996 to describe software that is no longer distributed or supported by a company or publisher. For more information on Abandonware check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

1. The first game in this section is a name I’m sure is fresh in everyone’s mind right now and that’s The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall. Originally released in 1996 on MS Dos, it featured a massive 3D world about the size of Great Britain. It features a Spell Creation System that players can create their own custom spells through the mages college, the ability to buy houses and ships, the ability to become a vampire, werewolf or a wereboar, and uses the mouse movement to determine the direction of your melee attack and the effect of the weapons swing. The game world in Daggerfall has 15,000 Towns, Cities, Villages, and Dungeons for players to explore, and has 750,000+ non playable characters to interact with. The games storyline is set in Daggerfall, a city within the Breton homeland of High Rock, and the game has six seperate endings. An MS Dos emulator such as DOSBox is required to play this game however and you can find the game here: http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/ and DOSBox here: http://www.dosbox.com/

2. The second game in the Abandonware section is probably one of my favorites from the late 90’s and that’s Carnivores. Carnivores is a hunting game. No, not sitting in the woods hunting deer or caribou, in this hunting game you hunt dinosaurs like T-rex, Stegosaurus etc. Originally released in 1998, the game uses a point system for ranks, novices start with 0 points naturally, at 100 points they upgrade to advanced hunter and 300 is expert. Each dinosaur has various points and difficulties, the tougher the dinosaur the more points you acquire. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys going toe to toe with a dinosaur with only a crossbow and a shotgun at beginner level. You can find this game here: http://www.classic-gaming.net/game/334/

3. The third game I’d like to share with you all is a strategy game from a series I’m sure most people know and that’s Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun with it’s Expansion pack Firestorm included. Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun – originally released in 1999 as the second game in the Command and Conquer series featuring the well known full motion video cinematics – introduced the isometric camera angles. It is the last game in the series to use the split-route feature where different routes in the campaign can be taken. This brought you to optional missions that could affect the difficulty of the main mission. I recommend this game to anyone that wants an old school strategy game, or is a big fan of Command and Conquer. You can find the game here: http://www.shacknews.com/file/16369/command-conquer-tiberian-sun-expansion-full-free-game

4. For the 4th and final abandonware game this week is another game I’m sure everyone knows, and that’s Megaman X! Easily one of my favorite platformers on SNES. Originally released in 1995, Megaman X is probably one of the most well known games on the list so I won’t go into much detail with this one. You can find the game here: http://www.classic-gaming.net/game/965/

Time to Conclude the article until next week, thanks for reading everyone and I hope that you enjoy the games posted here if you happen to try them out. Stay tuned for next week’s article where I take a look at more Freeware and Abandonware games, as well as the best Flash/Browser games and Free MMO’s that i can find scouring the internet, Until next time.

Shaun Meyers (Kyo Akiara), out!

1. rust hacks says
    07/22/2015, 5:25 AM

What’s up, always i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the daylight, because i enjoy
    to gain knowledge of more and more.

2. Fitness says
    06/15/2015, 12:56 AM

Estos ejercicios, acompañados de una buena dieta, son esenciales.

3. 06/08/2015, 8:07 AM

Adquiere ejercicios individuales y logra treinta ejercicios adicionales gratis con Xbox Live Gold.

4. 02/14/2015, 6:54 PM

Rodeo Fluff Use Greater london is actually quick and easy, their that
    easy a good toddler can do the idea! all you require to be able to is actually log on and also obtain a rapid estimate or maybe band up!
    The straightforward!! Jones Entertainments have had around 2 decades knowledge in the Getting sector.

Jones Entertainments produce throughout the great britain, especially Rodeo Bull use London, and also the around regions.
    Coming from R / c 1 DJs to be able to BBC signifies on our own fluff
    an individual can’t fail with his items!
    We don’t simply accomplish rodeo half truths retain the services of Manchester,
    we all complete Foodstuff, ingest and in many cases cell phone night clubs with the Rodeo half truths employ London.

Every single child individual any rodeo fluff seek the services of london along with hire that
    out and about an individual for starters really need community responsibility insurance so that you and your enterprise are safe via almost any statements you might get, these kind of promises will be in case
    another person possesses wounded them selves on your apparatus as well as down to ones DEFECTIVE tools.
    It is wise to get your rodeo half truths retain the services of London basic safety tested just about every six months!

Their own tend to be numerous rodeo fluff use greater london amusement business which might be classed since
    ‘cowboys’ they are organizations that will don’t pay place a burden on, don’t get their rodeo half truths employ London basic safety checked/ terry examined and
    don’t get general public responsibility. These kinds of enterprise can eliminate their particular rodeo fluff retain the services of birmingham house
    in the event that theirs some sort of assert versus their own equipment.

in case you are reading this as well as would like to become a member of this getting business My partner and i hugely
    propose you are able to afford to be able to melt away.

Research before you buy as well as don’t abide by other rodeo bull use liverpool competitors, confidence me personally it
    is definitely not worth the cost! Li5SGURVIhyYYcNnoPFSW2VEwjM

Rodeo Fluff employ Liverpool businesses are incredibly well-known because of their clean, protected apparatus and have rodeo bull employ london public culpability!!
    ahah. Buying a rodeo half truths hire Liverpool corporation is quite strenuous.

You’ve unsociable hrs, working neo cease if you locate
    the work! as well as your from family members constantly. However the tend to be
    several incentives towards work. Imogen should you wished a new rodeo half truths employ Greater london for
    your party/ special event you will get the idea at no cost!
    something associated with amusement anyone basically get it totally free.
    Remember youngsters security initial!

I’m small in addition to I’m sure all of the ins and outs in the rodeo half truths
    retain the services of greater london and its particular
    very exciting, it is in contrast to almost any previous employment, I quite like the item.
    your definitely not caught within an workplace 9 until finally 5 6 nights
    every week you could have accommodating, possible hours therefore
    you find spend of leisure time additionally. Oh yea as well as don’t ignore the fork out!
    you rodeo bull employ liverpool entertainments don’t receive money nuts lets place it like that!
    Many of us get money a good income!

5. website says
    12/12/2014, 9:17 AM

I was very happy to uncover this great site. I need to to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!!

I definitely loved every little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked
    to look at new stuff in your website.

6. 10/06/2014, 7:50 AM

Similarly, this also means that minions can’t accidentally cover up a lantern, and that enemies can’t block Thresh’s lantern with a bunch of
    wards. In Greco wrestling you can earn a lot of points with a few moves
    and if you get up by 12 you win the match. It is very interesting to see Dota
    2 surpass League of Legends, though, considering Dota 2 is still in its beta phase and League
    of Legends has built up a huge e – Sports presence.

7. 10/06/2014, 4:52 AM

Bouncy castles utilised being an item for young kids to appreciate at a carnival or fete, or probably a
    birthday celebration or unique celebration – hired for that day or
    compensated for for every session. They are best for moving
    your kid’s muscle and let your son or daughter use his or her energy in a very good way.

Plus you are able to watch exclusive local channels (where
    available).

8. 09/26/2014, 9:25 PM

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended
    up losing many months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?

9. Boise Id says
    09/22/2014, 11:52 PM

I got this site from my pal who informed me on the
    topic of this website and at the moment this time I am visiting this web page and
    reading very informative articles or reviews here.

10. 09/21/2014, 5:16 AM

Online marketing – It’s about more than having
    a pretty website. As with any online marketing activity, keep the message short,
    sweet and direct and be sure to include the necessary contact information needed
    to send in a referral. Once you have unveiled your web campaign function, keep track of how guests respond on blogs or other social network
    sites.

11. 09/13/2014, 6:01 AM

Will you wait and fight in the League of Legends against Final Boss Veigar, or will you claim
    the Summoner’s Rift as your own and become the final boss yourself.
    Rushing around, punching and hitting wilding and without precision.
    Matt Hughes is a gentleman who knows and understands the tradition of Martial Arts and realizes full well that Royce Gracie is directly responsible for
    the entire UFC being in existence today.

12. Rufus says
    09/11/2014, 1:07 AM

Heading right into a battlefield on the accompaniment
    of these effects provides that eerie sensation that fantasy video game titles generally strive to attain. Make certain you have it operating in the track record when you are in a game.
    Then he asked me who was my toughest opponent, and I hesitated
    until he pointed out that my opponent was in my mind.

13. bavaria says
    04/15/2014, 6:03 AM

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all folks you really
    realize what you’re speaking approximately! Bookmarked.
    Please additionally discuss with my website =).
    We will have a link change arrangement among us

14. Odessa says
    02/13/2014, 2:08 AM

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails
    with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from
    that service? Thanks a lot!

15. Pasquale says
    10/18/2013, 12:51 AM

Disadvantages: Webkinz has a pressure element to keep kids coming back often.
    You can buy the furniture and clothes and are
    given prime importance when it comes to inclusion of new features.
    Kaboose – – A fun website focused on providing games “for moms and kids”.

16. 10/08/2012, 5:44 PM

[…] The best Freeware, Abandonware and other free games from across the internet!. Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. This entry was posted in […]